Welcome

Hello friends
Welcome to ''my cuisine''. According to me cuisine or the culinary art is just that an art. The art of creating delicious foods with a conscience to health has various dimensions with which we can experiment and I have just started to experiment in my kitchen. There is nothing more heartwarming than a hot aroma filled food on a cold rainy day to cheer us up or nothing more satisfactory than satisfying the taste buds of our loved and dear ones.This was the reason i found my new love for cooking. Hope you would enjoy my various recipes......

29 Aug 2010

Crispy Indian Doughnuts

I usually don't prepare much desserts or sweets except for the occasional kesari and I just wanted to try my hand at making some sweets. So here is my first recipe in the dessert and sweet section. Hopefully more would follow.

Ingredients:
  • Rice flour - 200 gms
  • Cornmeal - 200 gms
  • Dried yeast - 1 tbsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Yogurt - 5 tbsp
  • Brown sugar - 200 gms
  • Rose water - 1 tsp (optional)
  • Oil (for deep frying)
  • Lukewarm water - 100 ml
Method:
  • Mix the rice flour, cornmeal, yeast -taking care to activate the yeast as per direction given (usually with warm water and a pinch of sugar) before adding, salt and lukewarm water to form a firm dough. Take care while adding water so that it doesnt become too watery or too tight a dough. The dough should be nice and pliable.
  • Leave for about two hours to rise.
  • Boil about 300 ml of water with the sugar and form a thick syrup. Stir in rosewater. Remove from heat when single thread consistency is formed.
  • Heat oil in a deep fryer. Knead the dough and transfer it to a piping bag and squeeze circular rings of dough into oil. I used a large star attachment that comes with a muruku maker. Deep fry until golden brown and dip immediately in the syrup.
  • Arrange on a plate and serve.... yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,
your comments are most welcome. Feel free to express your opinions