Welcome

Hello friends
Welcome to ''my cuisine''. According to me cuisine or the culinary art is just that an art. The art of creating delicious foods with a conscience to health has various dimensions with which we can experiment and I have just started to experiment in my kitchen. There is nothing more heartwarming than a hot aroma filled food on a cold rainy day to cheer us up or nothing more satisfactory than satisfying the taste buds of our loved and dear ones.This was the reason i found my new love for cooking. Hope you would enjoy my various recipes......

17 Aug 2010

Okra curry

I have never really eaten curry made with okra and was reluctant to try this one out, but it was really delicious and a good curry for chapatis I guess. Very simple and easy to make.

Ingredients:
  • Okra - 450 gms
  • Oil - 100  ml
  • Onions - 2 (thinly sliced)
  • Fresh green chillies - 3(chopped finely)
  • curry leaves - 2
  • Tomato - 1(sliced)
  • Lemon juice - 3 tbsps
  • Fresh coriander - 2 tbsps
  • Salt - 1 tsp
method:
  • Rinse okra and discard the ends of them. Cut them into 1 inch pieces.
  • Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan. Add the onions, chillies, curry leaves, salt and stir fry for 5 minutes          
  • Gradually add okra and stir fry for 15 minutes.
  • Add the tomato, lemon juice and coriander. Cover and leave to simmer for another 15 minutes until okra is done.
Serve hot with chapatis but it goes well with rice too I guess. It really brought out the taste of okra.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,
your comments are most welcome. Feel free to express your opinions