Welcome

Hello friends
Welcome to ''my cuisine''. According to me cuisine or the culinary art is just that an art. The art of creating delicious foods with a conscience to health has various dimensions with which we can experiment and I have just started to experiment in my kitchen. There is nothing more heartwarming than a hot aroma filled food on a cold rainy day to cheer us up or nothing more satisfactory than satisfying the taste buds of our loved and dear ones.This was the reason i found my new love for cooking. Hope you would enjoy my various recipes......

14 Aug 2010

Tandoori prawns

Prawns marinaded in creamy spicy mixture. Tandoori is usually done in the oven at the grill mode, but here I have done using a fring pan. Relish it..

Ingredients:
  • Natural yogurt - 4 tbsp
  • Green chillies - 3 (deseeded)
  • Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Cumin powder - 2 tsp
  • tomato puree - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  • Chilli - a pinch
  • Salt - 2 tsp
  • Raw king prawns - 12
method:
  • Put all the ingredients except for he prawns in the food processor and grind them well.
  • Remove the marinade to a non metallic bowl and mix the prawns in them well. Set them aside to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hrs.
  • Heat a frying pan over a high heat until few drops of water dance when they hit the surface. 
  • Grease the surface of the pan with oil with te help of kitcen paper
  • Lift the prawns from the marinade and fry them on both sides for two minutes or so until the prawns are pink and curled. 
  • Serve immedieately with a wedge of lemon.
I found that this marinade has the taste of traditional tandoori. Have to try it with chicken too I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,
your comments are most welcome. Feel free to express your opinions