- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Clarified butter(ghee) - 2 cups
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the sugar with 1/2 a cup of water or until sugar is just covered and bring it to boil.
- Sieve the gram flour so that there are no lumps. Warm the ghee separately. Apply ghee to the sides of a rectangular tray and keep aside.
- When the sugar syrup reaches half string consistency sprinkle the gram flour in the syrup while mixing consistently. Pour the ghee little by little while still consistently mixing. You will be able to see the mixture frothing up nicely.
- Just when you see that the mixture starts to leave from the sides and the ghee separates Pour the mixture onto the tray.
- Before it cools put rectangular cuts and leave it cool.