Welcome

Hello friends
Welcome to ''my cuisine''. According to me cuisine or the culinary art is just that an art. The art of creating delicious foods with a conscience to health has various dimensions with which we can experiment and I have just started to experiment in my kitchen. There is nothing more heartwarming than a hot aroma filled food on a cold rainy day to cheer us up or nothing more satisfactory than satisfying the taste buds of our loved and dear ones.This was the reason i found my new love for cooking. Hope you would enjoy my various recipes......

23 Sept 2010

Carrot kofta curry

A simple yet delicious curry with raisins stuffed in the carrot balls. The method of the recipe I have given here is by using the microwave. It was easy and fast to make.
carrot kofta with curry

Ingredients:
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Onion - 1 (ground to paste)
  • Tomato - 1 (pureed)
  • Coriander powder - 3 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - a pinch
  • Garam masala - 1 tsp
  • Chili powder - 1 tsp 
       For koftas: 
  • Carrots - 2 (grated)
  • Bread slices - 2 (churned in mixer)
  • Red chilli flakes - 1 tsp ( or use chopped green chilli - 1)
  • Ginger paste - 1 tsp
  • Salt - 1 tsp
  • Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
  • Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp 
  • Yogurt - 1 tbsp
  • Raisins -  8 to 10
koftas

Method:
  • For the gravy, mix onion paste with oil, turmeric powder, garam masla and red chilli powder in a deep microwave dish mix well and microwave for 5 minutes.
  • Add the tomato puree, mix and microwave for 5 more minutes.
  • Add 1 cup of water, microwave for 6 more minutes and keep aside.
  • For the koftas, mix carrots with all the ingredients given under koftas except for raisins.
  • Mix well. Make round balls with 1 or 2  raisins stuffed in each. Place them on a greased microproof plate in a ring, microwave for 3 minutes. 
  • At the time of serving, place koftas in a serving dish pour the curry over them and microwave for two minutes and serve warm.
These ingredients makes about 8 to 9 koftas.Utterly delicious and mouthwatering.
show me your curry

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try these carrot balls, my family will be very impressed, thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really great recipes here and this looks delicious.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time seeing carrot kofta's and it sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,
your comments are most welcome. Feel free to express your opinions