- Chicken - 500 gms (pieces of your choice)
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Shallots - 6 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 3
- Green chillies - 6
- Green cardamom pods - 5
- Cloves - 5
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2
- Pineapple pieces - 200 gms
- Pomegranate juice - 5 tbsps
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Peanuts - 3 tbsps (finely chopped)
- Coconut cream - 6 tbsps
- Fresh ginger - 3 tsp (grated)
- Chicken stock - 250 ml
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Was and dry the chicken pieces. Heat the oil and sear the meat on both sides for about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic and the green chillies. Put the finely chopped shallots, garlic, and chillies along with the spices and stir-fry for about 6 minutes.
- Chop the pineapple pieces finely and mix with pomegranate juice, turmeric, peanuts, coconut cream, and ginger. Add them to the pan and stir- fry for further 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, Pour in the stock and cook for 20 minutes stirring until the chicken is fully done. Check for seasoning and add stock if necessary.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Enjoy this very different yet delicious chicken dish on a cold evening....