Welcome

Hello friends
Welcome to ''my cuisine''. According to me cuisine or the culinary art is just that an art. The art of creating delicious foods with a conscience to health has various dimensions with which we can experiment and I have just started to experiment in my kitchen. There is nothing more heartwarming than a hot aroma filled food on a cold rainy day to cheer us up or nothing more satisfactory than satisfying the taste buds of our loved and dear ones.This was the reason i found my new love for cooking. Hope you would enjoy my various recipes......

30 Jul 2010

mushroom roast/mushroom 65

This is one of my all time favourite. After trying with lots of variations i found this simple one as the best. You can use this as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to any meal. I usually prepare in large batches as it can always be eaten as snacks.


Ingredients:
  • Button mushrooms - 500gms
  • salt - 2 tbsps or according to taste
  • Chilli powder - 2 tbsps or according to taste
  • White pepper powder - 1 1/2 tsps
  • Egg white - 1
  • Juice of 1 large lemon
  • Rice flour - 2 tbsps
  • Cornflour - 2 tbsps
  • Plain flour - 1 tsp
  • Oil for frying
method:
  • Slice the mushrooms into half. Do not slice the mushrooms into small pieces as this will make them mushy. If the mushrooms are small in size like the baby button mushrooms just keep them as whole.
  • mix all the ingredients except the mushrooms and oil in a mixing bowl. Add a bit of water (say 2 tbsps) if the batter is too thick. the batter should be in a dropping consistency.
  • Heat the oil in the shallow pan. 
  • Dip the mushrooms in the batter and deep fry then until golden brown. Serve with onion rings and a wedge of lemon.
 I took this mushroom for my little girl's Stay and Play group when they had a Party Theme. I just skipped the chilli powder and increased the amount of lemon juice a bit as it was for babies and toddlers. I found out that this made a great finger food. Hope you all like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,
your comments are most welcome. Feel free to express your opinions