- Bread slices - 2
- Red pepper - 1/2 (chopped finely)
- Carrot - 1 small (chopped finely)
- Onion - 1/2 (chopped finely)
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Cheese - cheddar or mozerralla (grated)
- In a pan add the tomato puree, oregano, thyme, garlic paste, salt and mix well over high heat until the sauce thickens. This would be your pizza sauce. It would thicken really quick so keep sauteing.
- Reduce the heat and add the chopped vegetables to the sauce. Cook for about two minutes and set aside.
- Spread the sauce mixture over the bread slices well and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- In a tawa or a frying pan add a little butter and toast they bread slices over moderate heat until it turns golden brown and the cheese melts. Alternatively grill the bread slices until the cheese melts.
- Cut the bread into slices and serve to your kids. They would relish it.
You can prepare the pizza sauce and freeze it in ice cube trays or small containers if you want. This pizza sauce is absolutely delicious even for us adults pizza. Yummy...... :))
Sending this to Announcing Kids Delight ~ Finger Food